Monday, April 19, 2010

Marathon Breakfast



Alright, so normally I don't eat before runs. Maybe a banana if I know I'll be out for a while, but generally thats all. Well in order to achieve better results, I am working on perfecting a breakfast that will be hearty and healthy, without upsetting my stomach! I tend to get mad GI upset before races. This has nothing to do with gluten, but with the fact that I am a ball of freaken nerves before a race. Normally I don't get too stressed or anxious about anything life throws my way... until it throws me a starting line. Then forget it, I'm a wreck.So this breakfast needs to have enough calories and carbs to fuel 26.2 miles... but no grease, no fat, and nothing too refined ( i don't want to crash at mile 20 b/c of silly simple sugars!). Oh and this breakfast should have some vegetables in it b/c I am always looking to stuff more roughage down my throat. Of course it has to be GF, but that's obvious.


Here is what I've come up with...



GF Oats, dried cranberries, shredded zucchini, walnut pieces, cinnamon, nutmeg, and fleur de sel. Very tasty. Add a little milk if you want!
I made a large batch so I can have this healthy treat all week long.

No comments:

Post a Comment