Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Country Music Marathon

It's almost time!

And yes, I am beginning to freak out. No, I didn't train enough... No, I did get to my goal race weight... No no no...

So I am trying to focus on the positive! Like non race things... like where to shop and eat. =)

Since Huntsville is currently without decent grocery shopping, I will definitely be heading to Whole Foods and Trader Joes to pick up some yummy treats. Because this race cost a huge enterance fee, plus hotel, gas, etc... I am on a budget for meals! When GF and on a budget, planning is key. After some googling I found what I was looking for. It took awhile b/c I was avoiding all southern food...and being in the south, that is like 90% of all the eating options. But I'm not a chicken fried steak kind of person, and shrimp & grits as a pre-race dinner sounds gross.


To avoid high costs, I have decided to buy dinner from Whole Foods. This will likely be some soy sauce free brown rice sushi. I love their tuna/salmon rolls. And it is a good dinner for before a big race. The brown rice makes it hearty and filling. The fish lends a grease free protein source. And the fat from the avocado makes increases the satiety level and makes the calories be digested more slowly. I think I'll add a smoothie or side salad too.

Lunch is the cheap option for going out. I found this place called PM. Its a little sushi cafe, with affordable meals. No I won't be having sushi for both meals, that would be overkill (though still delicious). At PM they have salads, rice bowls, sushi, desserts, and even thai nachoes (yum!). Their featured rice bowl for Fridays is a duck and pineapple fried rice bowl. That is what I am going for and requesting fried rice without soy sauce usually isn't a big deal. If I'm lucky they'll serve bubble tea too, though I didn't see it on the menu (hey, a girl can hope!).

Okay well that's my positive note for Nashville. I should probably start thinking more about the actual running part of this trip...

No comments:

Post a Comment