Friday, April 2, 2010

Day Before Racing

I've decided to do the Oak Barrel 1/2 Marathon in Lynchburg, TN. This decision came just days before the actual race... so of course, I was going through a list of pre-race anxieties; Did I train enough? Did I really train at all?? Should I be doing such a hilly course? What should I eat today? How much should I run? and so on....
Well to answer a few of those nagging questions...

I ran an easy 6 miles this morning. I figured that should be enough to keep my legs loose without over doing it. Some core work also got done. Nothing crazy, just a mix of p90x and insanity moves.

As for the eating... Yum. Before a race, especially one of longer distances, it is really important to eat well the day before a race. Nothing greasy, too fatty, too light, too much dairy... oh the list goes on. And us poor celiac athletes... we have finicky stomachs which is only amplified by pre-race gitters.

I found a bag of Bobs Red Mill Pizza Dough in the pantry and whipped that up with a bit of skim ricotta, mozzarella, handful or canned tomatoes, basil, and caramelized onions.


The result was perfection. Just because we can't eat normal gluteny pizza, doesn't mean we can't have a delicious alternative!

No comments:

Post a Comment